|« Dec||Feb »|
I took the Dead Kennedys cover as a a concession to any in the Echoplex crowd that might have taken offense to “Sleepless In Silverlake.” Either that or they just wanted to make a social comment on the fact that Jerry Brown is back as governor.
22-year old Mary Wells in 1965, post-Motown.
I’ve seen people call his track, “BTSTU,” ‘dubstep’ or ‘chillwave,’ and I’ll try to put aside my distaste for quickly-manufactured labels to point out that this is a mashup. A genre-mashup, yes, in the vein of Beck, but it is really not that off from what it would sound like if The Hood Internet threw Grizzly Bear vocals over a hard-hitting J Dilla beat. I know, I know, you say N*E*R*D, but that was Timbaland + falsetto. This is Dilla + falsetto. I honestly don’t know why it took so long for someone to marry these two together, because it is perfect. Like gay marriage perfect. Or opposite marriage perfect. It is like gay marriage marrying opposite marriage perfect (which technically might be an orgy).
Load up on guns. 1991. (via yvynyl) [ viagra affect a female | how much is cialis in canada | best price for generic cialis | buying viagra without perscription | prescription viagra | ladies viagra | add buy online url viagra | viagra from mexico | purchasing cialis | viagra for woman | viagra […]
Click HERE for this year’s “best of” mix. I just needed this weekend to wrap it up. My actual completely subjective and nonsensical list of favorite tracks of the year is in the comments.
It took me a while, but here are my favorites. I’m sure I missed some good ones. I think this is the first time I’m putting a video of a live performance in my top 10, but the footage by 521studies of Future Islands live in North Carolina is just that good. They didn’t make my list, but honorable mentions go to Erykah Badu’s remake of last year’s Matt & Kim video, as well as the crew at Auto-Tune The News crew for turning every worthless youtube sensation into a hilarious music video.
01. Colourmusic – Yes! [directed by Nick Turner]
02. Broken Social Scene – Meet Me In The Basement (unofficial) [anonymous]
03. Future Islands – An Apology (live) [directed by 521studies]
04. Vitalic – Poney Part I [directed by Pleix]
05. Denki Groove – Fake It [directed by Hideyuki Tanaka]
06. Eskmo – We Got More [directed by Cyriak Harris]
07. Les Savy Fav – Let’s Get Out Of Here [directed by Luke Harris]
08. Daft Punk – Derezzed [directed by Warren Fu]
09. Flying Lotus – Kill Your Coworkers [directed by beeple]
10. Real Estate – Suburban Dogs [directed by Richard Law]
Happy New Year.